Volunteer Management Speaking & Training Options
Looking to spice up your conference or meeting with some fresh ideas and inspirational energy? We can help! We offer a wide variety of training options to meet your needs.
We offer online training through our digital arm VolunteerPro and in-person training through our main company Tobi Johnson & Associates.
We also and provide Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) Professional Development Units (PDUs) to your participants free of charge.
In-person training that requires domestic air travel starts at $1,900 plus travel reimbursement, depending on prep time required. Virtual/Remote training starts at $675. Don’t see what you’re looking for? We are happy to discuss your group’s needs and negotiate the fees with you.
Presentation Formats for Every Budget — Presented In-Person or Virtually
Keynotes (30-60 minute session, plus Q&A)
Our keynote presentations promote big picture thinking. We present topics that keep attendees up-to-date on today’s hot topics in volunteerism. We also let attendees know how much their work is valued. Participants will leave re-energized and ready to take on new challenges.
- Leadership in a Changing World: Adapting Today’s Strategy to Meet the Needs of Tomorrow’s Volunteers
- Focused, Formidable, and Fearless: Advocating for Volunteers and Volunteer Services From Your Niche
- State of the Industry: How to Use the Volunteer Management Progress Report to Benchmark and Advocate
Workshops (45-90 minute session, plus Q&A)
Our hands-on workshops include group exercises and more interaction, They can be presented alone or be preceded or followed by a Keynote.
- Buy-In: How to Get Internal Agency Support for Volunteer Involvement
- Impact: How to Calculate the Return on Investment (ROI) of Volunteer Involvement
- Count What Matters: How to Develop Smart Outcome Metrics for Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Management Communications: How to Keep the Connection With Volunteers You Don’t See
- The Win-Win: Preparing Staff to Work with Volunteers Effectively & Enthusiastically
- Thrifty Volunteer Appreciation: Low-Cost Ways to Thank & Acknowledge Volunteers
- The Reluctant Supervisor: How to Coach Volunteers & Feel Good About It!
- Program Evaluation from the Inside Out: How to Conduct a DIY Volunteer Program Audit
- Work With Human Nature: Using Brain Science to Recruit Volunteers for Your Good Cause
- Onboarding Volunteers The Right Way: Converting Joiners to Stayers
- Beyond PowerPoint: Creative Volunteer Training Activities That Boost Volunteer Interaction, Inspiration & Learning
- Risk Management, Assessment, and Prioritization for Volunteer Organizations
- Cultivating Commitment: Research-based Volunteer Retention
- Volunteering and Employment Law: What You Need to Know
Also Available: Custom Training Developed for You
We are also available to develop keynote presentations or training workshops – for paid staff or volunteers – that are custom tailored to your precise needs and organizational goals.
- Custom training, presented in person, starts at $3,250 depending on length, topic and travel.
- Contact Tobi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 799 9038 for a proposal and cost estimate.
- Fees will be agreed upon before instructional design work commences.
Speaker fees include all direct expenses. Travel must be reimbursed as well as hard copies of handouts requested by you (we encourage you to make the copies or go “paperless”) and any room rental or A/V equipment not covered by the event.
For virtual presentations, speaker fees include digital presentation platform. You are responsible for arranging local event space, projection/audio technology, and a viable Internet connection.
You will receive an electronic PDF of the slides and any course handouts to help learners quickly translate learning into practical application.
Payment terms are net 30 days from the event date.
Contact Tobi directly at email@example.com or (206) 799 9038 for a rate sheet and to discuss how we can help.