Position Description – Marketing Assistant (Remote/Virtual)
Industry: HR Training and Consulting for Nonprofits/Government Agencies
Function: Freelance Contractor Job
Location: Telecommute, with Regular In-Person Meetings (if feasible)
Project Period: Ongoing Work Schedule: 32-40 hours per week
Rate: DOE, Hourly + Bonuses
Tobi Johnson & Associates, LLC (TJA) is a small, growing management consulting firm dedicated to helping nonprofit and government organizations improve their human resources management of community volunteers. The firm is led by Tobi Johnson, MA, CVA and has been in business for nine years. Throughout that time, we have established an international reputation as an innovative thought leader in the field of volunteerism.
In June 2015, we launched a new startup — VolunteerPro, an online learning hub and membership-based community that provides online training to staff who lead volunteers. We are seeking a talented virtual assistant with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is as passionate as we are about changing the world for the better.
This position will provide support for our digital marketing, sales, online training delivery, and customer support activities. Once underway, we expect the Virtual Assistant to contribute to the growth of the business and represent positive ROI. If you are an inventive, results-driven pro, who enjoys the creative challenges and the wide-open opportunities startups offer, this job may be for you.
The Virtual Assistant will help implement a multichannel content marketing strategy that includes landing web pages, CRM e-mail campaigns, display advertising, social media, collaboration with business partners, and exceptional service to our customers, current and potential. We will provide training on our software platforms and work flow processes.
The candidate must be able to work independently and manage their workload to meet project deadlines and goals. We would prefer a local, East Tennessee resident for occasional face-to-face meetings and strategy sessions, but will consider highly qualified candidates from out of town.
CRM Database Management/Email
- Assist with production of automated email campaigns, broadcast promotions, newsletters, and blogs
- Maintain clean email contact lists and segmented groups to increase open rates and minimize bounces and opt outs
- Respond to customer inquiries and help them resolve issues quickly
- Provide back-end technical support to participants during live webinars
- Reach out to highly qualified sales prospects
- Assist in creating and testing landing pages to drive opt-ins and purchases
- Edit, publish, and manage social media & other digital content to promote brand, generate leads, and increase web traffic
- Proofread and edit presentations & instructional materials
- Research and troubleshoot technical issues, as they arise
Online Community Management
- Post in community forum, in live chats, and on member walls to encourage participation
- Post webinar recordings, handouts, and community quotes
- Track member activity and update community points
- Make welcome calls to new members and send emails to engage inactive members
- Research and reach out to partners to collaborate on promotional events (webinars, guest blogs, etc.) and inbound web links
- Manage logistics of partner events and activities
- Set up and manage editorial calendar with content creation and distribution deadlines
- Monitor and report on sales and marketing performance and ROI, tying channel performance to company financial targets
- Respond to emails, create progress reports, and attend weekly status meetings (virtually or in person)
- Order sales collateral and promotional items, as needed
- Assist with special events, vendor booths, member meetups, etc., as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in business, marketing, advertising, journalism, creative writing, or a related field
- At least one year of work experience in office administration or virtual assisting
- Working knowledge of the following (or ability to learn quickly)
- Microsoft Office Suite, InfusionSoft or other CRM database/marketing automation software, basic WordPress functionality, Hootsuite or other social media scheduling tools, WebinarJam or other webcasting software, basic graphic design/photo/video editing tools
- Experience with organic SEO and PPC advertising a plus
- A passion for the greater good (working for a cause, charity, or mission as an intern, volunteer, donor, sub-contactor, or employee)
- Drive and determination to see the business and our customers succeed
- Rock solid writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and proofreading skills
- Warm and personable phone skills, comfortable fielding and placing inbound and outbound sales and outreach calls
- Ability to manage workload independently including planning, organizing, prioritizing, and meeting multiple project deadlines
- Working as part of a team and being accountable for your part
- Ability to work well in an open, collaborative environment • Eager for constructive feedback, willingness to admit and correct mistakes
- Ability to provide superior customer service to our members and the public
- Basic understanding of business operations, including budgeting, creating business and marketing plans, contracts and agreements and time management
- Respect for others’ intellectual property (no plagiarism, copyright infringements, software piracy)
- An artist’s eye for good graphic design
- Exceptional analytical skills (investigating, reviewing data, seeing trends, identifying obstacles, solving problems, etc.)
Email cover letter with the following to email@example.com:
- Contact info for three professional references, with an explanation of your work relationship
- Results of typing test (screen shot of results of 2-minute test, the Enchanted Typewriter, http://www.typingtest.com/)
- Writing sample (500-1,000 word blog post, essay, or excerpt of school paper)
- Social media samples (write 3 Twitter tweets & 1 Facebook post to promote our VolunteerPro Membership — http://volpro.net/join-volunteerpro/)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Closing Date: Open until the best candidate is found. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so don’t delay.